Damian P. Conforti
Damian P. Conforti is a Member of the Firm and Co-Chair of the Firm’s Government Enforcement and White Collar Crimes Practice Group. He defends corporate and individual clients from governmental investigations, professional misconduct allegations, and criminal charges brought by the U.S. Attorney’s Office, State Attorney General, District Attorneys, and regulatory and licensing boards such as the Board of Medical Examiners, the Financial Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and the Division of Consumer Affairs. He routinely represents healthcare practitioners, accountants, attorneys, securities brokers, government officials and other professionals. His prior experience assisting insurers’ special investigation units makes him specially suited to defend medical practitioners and other individuals accused of healthcare and insurance fraud, civil RICO violations, and other complex commercial claims.
A substantial portion of his practice is also devoted to representing plaintiffs in personal injury actions and those victimized by unlawful employment practices, for whom he has achieved several large settlements.
Damian has been recognized and included among the Best Lawyers in America*.
Damian is a former assistant prosecutor with the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office, member of the Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Panel, and former municipal prosecutor and public defender in the City of Jersey City and Boroughs of North Caldwell and Essex Fells, New Jersey. Throughout these roles he has handled several hundred federal, state, and municipal criminal cases, including homicides, drug offenses, violent offenses and white collar offenses.
Damian was also a partner at a boutique white collar criminal defense firm, where he defended a physician at trial in what is believed to be the largest federal kickback criminal conspiracy involving medical professionals ever prosecuted in the United States.
Areas Of Practice
- Government Enforcement & White Collar Crime (Co-Chair)
- Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation
- Municipal & General Criminal Defense
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Essex County Bar Association, Co-Chair, Criminal Law Committee
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey
- Barrister in the C. Willard Heckel Inn of Court at Rutgers Law School
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
- Boston College, B.A., Deans List
*No aspect of this advertisement has been submitted to or approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey or the American Bar Association. A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found at: