Michael F. Bevacqua, Jr.
Mike Bevacqua is a talented and tenacious trial lawyer with a tireless work ethic, who has successfully defended institutional clients in litigation throughout the United States. A substantial part of Mike’s practice is devoted to complex commercial litigation, bank litigation, and consumer finance defense. Mike has significant experience successfully defending business entities in enforcement actions brought by governmental agencies. He also has expertise in handling chargeback disputes and credit card defensive litigation.
In addition, Mike is an accomplished personal injury attorney, regularly securing significant recoveries for his clients, including several settlements in excess of one million dollars. He also represents high net worth individuals in matrimonial matters.
Mike was selected by the New Jersey Law Journal as one of the “New Leaders of the Bar”* (f/k/a “40 Under 40”). The New Jersey Law Journal’s “New Leaders of the Bar,” a special edition magazine published on July 29, 2013, featured 50 lawyers, all under the age of 40, who are emblematic of the next wave of leadership of the New Jersey Bar, based on their outstanding achievements so far in their careers, which clearly distinguish these individuals among their peers and signal greater accomplishments ahead.
Mike was named a New Jersey Super Lawyers “Rising Star*” in the field of business litigation for 8 consecutive years, beginning in 2007 and each year thereafter that he remained age-eligible for this distinction. He was chosen for membership into The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 institute, which is comprised of the country’s top trial attorneys under the age of 40. In addition, he was selected by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Litigation Lawyers in the State of New Jersey for 2014.*
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the New Jersey State Bar Association. The methodology for these awards can be found at: New Leders of the Bar, Rising Star, American Society of Legal Advocates.
- “Insureds’ Misrepresentation in Coverage Litigation Do Not Count,” New Jersey Law Journal, March 4, 2019
- “Placing Professionals in a League of their Own,” New Jersey Law Journal, March 2006
- “Back to the Future with the Consumer Fraud Act: New Jersey Sets the Standard for Consumer Protection” 29 Seton Hall Legis. J. 1 93, January 2004′
Areas of Practice
- Cannabis (Co-Chair)
- Banking Litigation and Consumer Finance Defense (Co-Chair)
- Bankruptcy and Creditors Rights
- Commercial and Corporate Litigation
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation
- Life Sciences
- Emerging Technologies
- State of New Jersey
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- American Bar Association, Co-Chair of the Commercial & Business Litigation Committee’s subcommittee on Banking & Lender Liability Litigation
- Seton Hall University School Of Law, J.D., 2003
- University Of Scranton, B.A., 1997